*This recipe is best served COLD.
• 2g matcha (ceremonial matcha - for lattes)
• 1 tbsp hot water
• 0.25 cup cold water
• 0.5 cup milk (or alternative)
• 5 small strawberries (50g)
• 1 tsp. granulated sugar
• 5 ice cubes
- Mash the strawberries (or dice them in small cubes) and mix in the sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes*.
- Prepare the matcha:
- Sift the Matcha to remove the lumps.
- Add the Matcha into the cup.
- Heat the water to 80°C and add 1 tbsp into the cup.
- Whisk into a smooth paste (whisk in a zigzag motion)
- Add the cold water
- Assemble the drink following this order: strawberry- ice cubes– milk – matcha
*For a smooth consistency, blend the strawberries