• 1 Cups Boba Pearls
• ½ Cup Brown Sugar
• 2g matcha (ceremonial matcha - for lattes)
• 1 tbsp hot water
• 0.25 cup cold water
• ½ Cup Almond Milk (or any milk alternative)
• Half a cup of ice
InstructionsSTEP 1: Boba Pearls
- Fill half of a large pot with water (the boba needs to be able to move around and not stick together) and bring the water to boil.
- Give it a stir and pour in the boba pearls.
- They should float to the surface within 30-45 seconds - if they do not then the water is not hot enough
- Allow the boba to cook for 10 minutes (stirring every so often).
- Remove the pot from the heat and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the boba from the water and pour into a bowl. Add just enough cold water to cover the pearls.
- Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar to sweeten the boba. Allow to cool before adding to your drink.
- Sift the Matcha to remove the lumps.
- Add the Matcha into the cup.
- Heat the water to 80°C and add 1 tbsp into the cup.
- Whisk into a smooth paste (whisk in a zigzag motion)
- Add the cold water and whisk
- Fill half the cup with ice and boba pearl
- Pour the milk into the cup followed by the matcha