These Matcha Pancakes are such an antioxidant-rich treat. They are incredibly tasty, soft, sweet & matchafull! So easy to make too, using only a few simple and all-natural ingredients.
• 2/3 cup oat milk
• 2 Large Eggs (separate yolk and white)
• ¼ cup melted better (+ extra for pan-frying)
• 1 cup flour (or rolled oats for a naturally gluten free option)
• 2 tbsp culinary matcha
• A handful of spinach
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• ½ tsp baking powder
1. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolk, milk, melted better, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. In another bowl, vigorously whisk egg whites until they become meringue-like. Add this to the previous mixture.
3. Add flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt.
4. Whisk until batter comes together (it should be thick)
5. Heat a cast-iron skillet over moderate heat and brush butter over the pan.
6. Using a 1/4-cup measure, transfer small mounds of pancake batter onto skillet.
7. Once bubbles appear and pop on the surface of pancake, carefully flip pancakes and cook for another minute or so.
8. Serve hot with toppings