These chamomile & lavender madeleines are moist, light and a sweet little dream. They are perfect served warm with a hot cup of SereniTea.
• 16-18 Oreo cookies
• 2 ½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
• 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp matcha powder (culinary matcha)
Whipped Cream Layer
• ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 tbsp granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Line a 6 inch springform pan with parchment paper.
1. Remove the middle cream filling of the oreos, then crush the cookies in a plastic bag using a rolling pin.
2. Mix the crushed oreos and melted butter together until crumbs form. Press the crumbs firmly into the pan to form an even layer.
3. Set aside.
1. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Beat cream cheese mixture until smooth, using an electric mixer.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until well combined.
4. Sift in matcha powder and mix until incorporated.
5. Pour batter into the pan.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, then cover with aluminium foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove cake from the oven and let it cool completely. Once cooled, refrigerate the cake until ready to use.
1. Using a handheld or standing mixer with whisk attachment, whip heavy cream and sugar until medium peak forms (takes about 3-4 minutes).
2. Gently spread a thick layer of whipped cream on top of the chilled cake.
3. Dust cake with matcha powder (optional). Enjoy!