*This recipe is best served hot.
• 4g matcha (ceremonial matcha - for lattes)
• 1 cup milk of your choice
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch sea salt
• Topping: mini marshmallows for serving (toasted if desired)
Prepare the marshmallows:
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Add foil to a baking tray, then place marshmallows on pan to toast while making the hot cocoa.
Prepare the matcha:
- Sift the Matcha to remove the lumps.
- Add the Matcha into the cup.
- Heat the water to 80°C and add 1 tbsp into the cup.
- Whisk into a smooth paste (whisk in a zigzag motion)
Matcha hot chocolate:
- Combine milk, honey, white chocolate, matcha, and salt together in a saucepan over medium – high heat and stir until chocolate is melted and the mixture is hot.
- Turn off the heat and add vanilla extract.
- Serve immediately with toasted marshmallows.